My husband hasn’t been feeling that great so I thought I would make a nice hearty soup for dinner. I found this recipe and tweaked it a little… I can’t believe how well it turned out. The pictures don’t do justice to the taste of this soup. I guess you’ll just have to try it out for yourself!
What you’ll need:
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chile paste
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 3 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 5 cups of chicken broth
1. In a large pan sauté your oil, garlic, onion, chopped cilantro and chile paste on a medium heat. Make sure everything everthing is tender before your next step.
2. Stir in your carrots and potato. Cook for 5 minutes until tenter.
3. Pour in your chicken broth and close the lid. Let cook for 35- 45 minutes on a medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes.
4. Blend your soup together until smooth. (You can pour the soup into a blender or you can use a hand blender to make things easier).
5. Add some cilantro on top before you serve and enjoy! (If you really like cilantro you can actually break up the leaves and mix them into your finished soup).
Until our next DIY,